Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Letter from a patron regarding library consolidation

Steve,

Recently you were able to help me get set up with Net Library.
I check out audio books at least once a week from the library, and was thrilled when I realized that I would be able to download them as well.

Due to a brain injury (heart attack) I am not able to concentrate long enough to complete a written book. The audio books available to me are the answer to my prayers. The audio books reopen the world of literature to me again. This is something I would have had to sadly give up if it weren't for our local library.

It would not be possible for me to purchase the audio books that I currently listen to.

What I just mentioned is only one way the library benefits our family alone. We have two school age children, one of whom thrives on books.

I am so proud of our small community and when I drive by the library and see so many of our local children playing safely on the lawn it just confirms my reason for living here. When I walk into the library I truly feel like I am at home.

I will be writing to representatives explaining how consolidation would be a detriment to our community and also how personally devastating it would be to me.

If there is anything else I can do to plead our opposition to any type of consolidation please let me know. I will help in any manner I am able.

Sincerely

Mary Johnson

No comments: